This is just slightly different from Nana’s recipe, and a current favorite with the local crowd. We haven’t tried making bars but presumably that works fine too. The cookie quantities are for large cookies – for smaller cookies reduce baking time.
makes about 2 dozen cookies
- 1 stick ( ½ c) butter
- ¾ c white sugar
- ¾ c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ¼ c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small container mini peanut butter cups from Mollie Stone’s
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Place butter in large bowl and melt in microwave.
- Beat in both sugars.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, soda and salt with a fork or whisk to make sure soda and salt are well distributed.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir with wooden spoon until flour is all mixed in. Dough will be very stiff.
- Stir in mini peanut butter cups.
- Roll dough into 1 ½” balls and place 2″ apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 °F for 11 minutes. Better to undercook than overcook. Let cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet, then move gently to rack.