A great main course or side dish. We made this as part of the vegetarian offerings for this year’s Thanksgivukkah dinner. Flavorful but mild, this dish would probably be even better with some spices if you were making it for spicier people.
- 3 Cups gluten free quinoa (red, white or combination)
- 6 Cups vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 small or 1 large carrot, chopped
- 4 Cups kale, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Rinse quinoa, drain well, and put in crockpot.
- Pour olive oil over quinoa and mix to coat the kernels.
- Stir in all the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.
- Fluff with fork before serving and make sure all liquid has been absorbed.