From the ‘south beach diet’ page 151.
- 3 boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Tablespoon of minced rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin Olive oil
- 4-6 Tablespoons of white wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
1.Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Combine the Rosemary, garlic, pepper, and salt in a small bowl, mix well. Place chicken in a large bowl, drizzle with oil and rub with spice mixture. refrigerate overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
3. Spray a roasting pan or iron skillet with cooking spray, place the chicken in the pan and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken over. If the drippings bering to stick to the pan, stir in 3-4 tablespoons of water or White wine.
4. Bake about 10 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160 degrees and the juices run clear. If the pan is dry stir in another 1-2 tablespoons of water or white wine to loosen the drippings. Drizzle the vinegar over the chicken in the pan.
5. Transfer the chicken to plates. Stir the liquid in the pan and pour over the chicken.