Quick high fiber breakfast for a summer morning. Just mix it together the night before, and it’s ready for you in the morning. Continue reading “Cold Oatmeal”
I’m developing an egg-free version of my Gluten Free Challah. This recipe is a work in progress. I’ll change this comment when I consider the recipe finished, but until then it’s subject to change. If you try my recipe and want to share anything you’ve learned, I’d love to read your comments. Scroll all the way down to the end of this post for links to the baking pans I use, and general notes. Otherwise, my most recent experiment is at the top. Continue reading “Gluten Free Vegan Oat Challah”
This recipe depends on Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour, which our rabbi researched and approved for Pesach for people who eat legumes.
This recipe was modified from ‘Jerusalem: a cookbook’ by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamini
- 3 ½ Tablespoons Arak, Ouzo or Pernod
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon grain mustard
- 1 ½ Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 1 to 2 pounds skinless chicken breasts (about 3)
- 4 Clementines or 3 Mandarin oranges, cut horizontally into 1/4 slices
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Gluten Free from www.epicurious.com
This works great for eggplant topping. Tahini comes in a variety of viscosities, some very thick, some more thin. 3/4 is for the thinner varieties, 1/2 cup for thicker. Start with 1/2 a cup and if the sauce is too thin, add 1/4 cup more.
2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 to 3/4 cups of Tahini
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp ground cumin
Rough chop the garlic, throw everything into a food processor, process until the sauce becomes smooth and thick.
3 apples, cored and cut up a little
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
This recipe requires the raw chicken to be marinated for 3-6 hours!
This challah is for when we have guests who can not eat oats. Our regular challah is gluten-free oat challah. Version 2 of oat-free is basically the same as my Version 1 recipe, but I’ve just simplified and updated it a little.
Disclaimer: Version 2 has one outstanding question. I lost track while measuring quinoa flour and may have added it twice. Whatever I did was delicious. I have to make it again and update this recipe to be sure of the quantity of quinoa flour.
Gluten-Free, Kosher, this is a crock pot recipe
- 1.5 pounds of cubed lamb (Grow and Behold)
- 2 Tablespoons harissa
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 medium Butternut Squash (about 1.5 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium Green Pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium Yellow Onion
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 cups beef stock or beef bone stock
- 1 can (14.5) ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup unsulfured golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Lemon wedges
Cube the lamb pieces into like 1/2 inch cubes, in a separate bowl chop the onions and garlic. Have the spice mix ready to stir into the lamb.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the lamb, turning occasionally for 5 minutes. Add Harissa, cumin, coriander, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, and cinnamon and stir until combined.
Transfer the meat to a 3.5 to 4 quart slow cooker. add a little oil to the skillet and brown the onions for a few minutes. add to the slow cooker. Stir in the squash, bell pepper, and pour broth over it.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Turn the slow cooker to high if on low, add raisin and diced tomato. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Serve, topped with parsley and pine nuts and accompanied by lemon wedges.
Modified from the WHOLE30 Slow cooker cookbook, by Melissa Hartwig.
- 1 750ml bottle of Jose Cuervo Gold (blue agave)
- 3 fresh jalapeño peppers
- 1 quart mason jar
- 1 pair latex gloves