- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 8 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, cut in Â¼-inch slices
- 1Â½ lbs asparagus, tough stems removed, tender parts cut in 2-inch pieces
- Â½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- Â¼ tsp salt
- Â¼ tsp sugar
- plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger, garlic and mushrooms, and stir-fry 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and green onions, and stir-fry 1 Â 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in Sriracha sauce, rice vinegar and soy sauce, and sautÃ© until asparagus is crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Season with salt, sugar and pepper, and serve.
Adapted from josie a.g. shapiro’s recipe at jweekly.com.