I’m posting this at Josh’s request, even though I haven’t made it for a while and I’m not that sure of the recipe. I’d usually rather make a recipe right when I’m posting it, to see if this is actually what I do. Josh – please let me know if you make this, and how I should change the recipe, or confirm that it’s good. Also, send me a picture.
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c canola oil
1 T lemon peel
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c brown rice flour
1/4 c millet flour
1/4 c quinoa flour
1-1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 c buttermilk*
1/4 c brown sugar
2 T butter or margarine
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 c rice flour or GF flour blend
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease 7 x 11 pan nonstick pan.
- Mix topping ingredients lightly with finger tips until crumbly but not greasy.
- Cream sugar, eggs and oil for 1 minute. Then stir or beat in grated peel and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. Sift if desired.
- On low speed, beat dry ingredients into egg mixture, alternating with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry mix.
- Spoon batter into pan, spread gently to even it out, and sprinkle topping on top.
- Bake 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and tester comes out clean.
* If you don’t have buttermilk, or you want to make this parve, substitute 2 tsp vinegar plus any sort of milk (cow, rice, soy, etc) to make 2/3 cup.