- 1 bunch kale
- Â¼ C olive oil
- Â¼ C lemon juice
- 3 T gluten-free soy sauce
- Optional: seeds and/or nuts,Â such as sliced almonds, pomegranate seeds, sunflower seeds, etc. (Â¼ C raw sunflower seeds andÂ Â¼ C sliced raw almonds works nicely)
- Wash and dry kale, strip stems, and cut or tear into bite-sized pieces. Put in a large bowl.
- Mix liquid ingredients together and pour over the kale.
- Add seeds and nuts.
- Mix thoroughly with hands, massaging the kale to distress and tenderize it, for 5Â minutes or as long as you can stand. The goal is to massageÂ it until it is wilted and tender.
- Serve right away, or up to a couple of days later.