- 1 bunch kale
- ¼ C olive oil
- ¼ C lemon juice
- 3 T gluten-free soy sauce
- Optional: seeds and/or nuts, such as sliced almonds, pomegranate seeds, sunflower seeds, etc. ( ¼ C raw sunflower seeds and ¼ C sliced raw almonds works nicely)
- Wash and dry kale, strip stems, and cut or tear into bite-sized pieces. Put in a large bowl.
- Mix liquid ingredients together and pour over the kale.
- Add seeds and nuts.
- Mix thoroughly with hands, massaging the kale to distress and tenderize it, for 5 minutes or as long as you can stand. The goal is to massage it until it is wilted and tender.
- Serve right away, or up to a couple of days later.