Here is a traditional three bean chili recipe:
- 2 pounds lean ground kosher grass fed beef
- 1 green or red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Â¼Â Cup chili powder + 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 can each of pinto, kidney, and black beans (or soak and cook dried beans; 1 can is about 1.5 C cooked beans)
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- Â½Â teaspoon salt
- Â½Â teaspoon pepper
- Â½Â teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 Cups water, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon macadamia nut oil or other high heat oil
- Mince and combine onion, pepper and garlic in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven or large skillet with a cover, add the onion/pepper/garlic mix and cook until translucent. Place mixture back into bowl and set aside.
- Cook the ground beef in the skillet, stirring constantly and breaking into small pieces, until browned.
- Add the onion mix and the rest of the ingredients and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the meat is tender. Â Add more water if needed to adjust for desired thickness.
- Taste for salt and spiciness and adjust.