Gluten Free. Inspired by glutenfreebaking.com, bettycrocker.com, andÂ our friend Nathan who can’t eat chocolate .
- 1½ sticks butter or margarine, melted
- 1¼ cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup, or a little more, smooth or chunky natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8 or 9 in. square pan with cooking spray, then line bottom with parchment paper.
- Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Mix together the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Add to batter and stir until smooth.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- In small glass bowl, microwave peanut butter uncovered on high 30 seconds, and stir. Drop 20 spoonfuls of peanut butter in 5×4 rows over brownie batter. For marbled design, pull knife through batter and filling about 1 inch apart; turn pan and repeat; keep doing that until it’s marbled in to your liking.
- Bake until set, about 25 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the pan should come out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Let cool, then cut and serve. Can cut up while still warm using a plastic knife and small sawing motions.