Quinoa-Cornmeal Cakes. I adapted this recipe from a box of Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flour. They are surprisingly light, and yummy. It’s best to warn people that they don’t taste like regular pancakes.
- 1/3 C quinoa flour
- 1/3 C cornmeal
- 1/3 C gluten-free oats
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 C buttermilk or yogurt
- 1 egg
- Preheat and oil griddle or frying pan.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and stir in.
- Pour about ¼ cup batter into pan and cook over low or medium low heat.
- Flip when cakes are puffed and full of bubbles, but before bubbles break. Maybe 5 minutes per side on low heat.