This is an easy to cook, delicious use of chicken wings that’s both sweet and a little spicy.
- 4 Pounds Pastured Raised Chicken Wings (from Grow and Behold)
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Soy Sauce (see: San J Tamari)
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar (see Bartenua Balsamic Vinegar)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 TablespoonÂ Sriracha sauce (from Hoy Fong Foods (kosher))
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ginger Power
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ground Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1.5 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 3 Tablespokns chopped fresh cilantro leaves
In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, honey, garlic, Sriracha, giner powder, pepper and onion powder. Â Place all the wings into a slow cooker, dump the sauce over the wings and try to get as much wings under the sauce as you can.
Cook on low heat for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours. Stir every 45 minutes if you can.
When completed crank the cooker to high and add cornstarch in equal amounts of water. Â wait 15 minutes then turn to warm. Â Stir a few times to distribute the thickener (cornstarch).
Serve with sesame seeds and cilantro garnish.