Gluten-Free, Kosher, this is a crock pot recipe
- 1.5 pounds of cubed lamb (Grow and Behold)
- 2 Tablespoons harissa
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 medium Butternut Squash (about 1.5 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium Green Pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium Yellow Onion
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 cups beef stock or beef bone stock
- 1 can (14.5) ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup unsulfured golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Lemon wedges
Cube the lamb pieces into like 1/2 inch cubes, in a separate bowl chop the onions and garlic. Have the spice mix ready to stir into the lamb.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the lamb, turning occasionally for 5 minutes. Add Harissa, cumin, coriander, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, and cinnamon and stir until combined.
Transfer the meat to a 3.5 to 4 quart slow cooker. add a little oil to the skillet and brown the onions for a few minutes. add to the slow cooker. Stir in the squash, bell pepper, and pour broth over it.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Turn the slow cooker to high if on low, add raisin and diced tomato. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Serve, topped with parsley and pine nuts and accompanied by lemon wedges.
Modified from the WHOLE30 Slow cooker cookbook, by Melissa Hartwig.