Daphne asked for this recipe, so here it is – one of our best gluten free cookie recipes, from a bag of Gluten Free Oats. In honor of Daphne, Bill and Cupcake. Who can resist the combination of peanut butter, oats and chocolate?
I know some people with Celiac Sprue are not able to eat oats, even gluten-free oats, but fortunately we can, and love them.
- Â¼ cup butter, room temperature
- Â¾ cup sugar
- Â¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp gf vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 Â¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 cups Gluten Free rolled OatsÂ®
- 6 ounces GF chocolate chips or M & Ms or Heath English Toffee Bits
- Â½ cup GF sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven at 350Âº.
- Beat sugar, brown sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and baking soda and mix well.
- Add peanut butter and mix. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Place teaspoonfuls of dough on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly brown around edges.
We got the original recipe from glutenfreeoats.com.